DOPAS training workshop
The training workshop was implemented on 14-18 September 2015 in Czech Republic (Prague and Josef URC and was fully booked with 12 participants.
DOPAS Training Workshop 2015 on 14-18 September 2015
in Czech Republic (Prague and Josef URC)
In September 2015, the DOPAS consortium organises a 5-day Training Workshop on the role of full-scale experiments on plugs and seals in demonstrating safety and performance of geological disposal in the Czech Republic (mainly Prague).
This workshop is designed and implemented in collaboration of the following DOPAS consortium partners: Posiva Oy, Finland; Czech Technical University (CTU) in Prague; Andra, France; Svensk Kärnbränslehantering AB (SKB), Sweden; SURAO, Czech Republic; Radioactive Waste Management Limited (RWM), United Kingdom; Nagra, Switzerland; Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit (GRS), Germany; and Nuclear Research Institute Rez (UJV), Czech Republic.
The training consists of four learning units.
A large part of the basis for the workshop's four learning units result from the experiences gained from the full-scale experiments of the DOPAS project i.e. FSS in France, EPSP in the Czech Republic, DOMPLU in Sweden, POPLU in Finland, and planning of ELSA in Germany.
The workshop's learning activities are designed to enable the participants to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- To understand the process/es of designing a full-scale experiment from a set of requirements related to the performance of a plug or a seal as a repository component in geological disposal.
- To be able to contrast the differences of such processes resulting from the different boundary conditions e.g. from the host rock environments (clay, crystalline rock, and salt), the experimental settings (above ground, underground experimental facilities vs. real repository conditions) and other site and disposal concept specific features.
- To comprehend the linking of different experiment project's related subprojects and tasks, and their inputs and outputs as a part of the experiment implementation.
- To acquire hands-on experiences in experimenting with materials' testing and monitoring techniques needed in an experiment, and
- To know how the individual experiments and their outputs contribute to the overall demonstration planning and demonstration programmes for safety of the waste management programmes at the different stages of repository development.
Interested in learning from the DOPAS experiences?
The mailing address of the binding registrations is firstname.lastname@example.org
Your participation to the workshop will be confirmed latest by 17 August 2015 by the organisers.
Registration and confirmed participation is a commitment to this opportunity
The training workshop is free of charge including daily lunch, coffees, and local transportation. The number of workshop participants is limited to 12.
However, for late cancellation after 1 September 2015 or a no-show, a cancellation fee of 300 euros may apply, if a seat on the workshop is left unused.
In case of oversubscription, the priority in the following order for participation is given to
- Participants external to the DOPAS consortium,
- People who work or study with closure issues of geological repositories,
- A maximum of two persons from the same organisation,
- Have some balance between professional and student participants, and
- Those who have registered at an earlier date.
The organisers will make block bookings in two hotels in Prague. This information will be posted on this website at a later date and e-mailed to those who have already registered to the workshop. The room prices vary from around 150 euros to 40 euros/night for a single room. All participants are in charge of their own accommodation costs in Czech Republic (Prague) and of their travel to and from Prague.
For more information take a look at the brochure or contact Mrs
Marjatta Palmu at Posiva Oy e-mail: marjatta.palmu(at)posiva.fi